Having positive self-esteem is very important to a person’s overall development. Many great things can be accomplished by a person who has high regard and respect for oneself. But there will be times in a person’s life when stress and emotional upheavals can take its toll and affect a person’s level of confidence. This can be debilitating and can greatly affect a person’s overall quality of life. When this happens, measures should be taken in order to improve self esteem.
Improving a person’s self esteem is not something that can be done overnight. It will take a few trial and errors to see which methods will work to improve self esteem. It will also take a daily dose of self-affirmation techniques in order to gradually raise the level of confidence and self-esteem. Here are a few effective ways to help a person improve self esteem.
1) Meditate and infuse positive self-affirmation. Meditation has been proven to be a very effective way to clear the mind and body of stress. When the mind is clear and stress-free, it can easily absorb other information. It’s the best time to infuse positive self-affirmation to the brain. Meditation only takes a few minutes a day inside a safe and quiet place.
2) Have a daily exercise routine. Studies have proven that exercise emits endorphins which helps make a person happy and reduce levels of stress. Exercise can help a person improve self esteem. Exercise can also help a person feel more confident about his or her body. When a person feels good inside out, it can help raise the level of self-esteem.
3) Spend time with happy positive people every day and stay away from negative individuals. Being surrounded with happy, positive and bright friends can do wonders improve self esteem. Avoid people who always criticize and give off a negative aura. Part of improving self-esteem is to eliminate all negative thoughts and feelings as much as possible.
4) Give yourself little rewards for a job well done. Improving self esteem involves accepting one’s own weakness and celebrating the strengths. Buy yourself an ice cream after finishing a difficult assignment or get a massage after a stressful but productive day. When failing in something, reflect on the lesson learned, plan how to make it better and reward yourself anyway for staying positive about it.
5) Wake up early. According to studies, waking up between 5am to 6am conditions the mind to become proactive. It helps a person accomplish more things throughout the day. Part of the technique to improve self esteem is to always accomplish something. Accomplishments, not matter how big or small, can help increase a person’s self-worth and value. It reaffirms the person’s personal capabilities and they will start feeling good about themselves.
There are many other ways to improve self esteem. A person needs to find out which method works best and keep at it. These tips are not only intended for those who have low self-esteem but for practically anyone who needs a little boost in order to gain a more positive perspective in life.
Rich Weissman is a featured and syndicated expert columnist on the topic of self-improvement for the Secret Enquirer. For more self-improvement tips and articles, visit http://www.SecretEnquirer.com now.
(Visited 85 times, 1 visits today)